Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Creative Time: Throwback Thusday Challenge #2


For this weeks Throwback Thursday Challenge we were to create a project using the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge and the colors Brown, Blue and Red. I was having a hard time with this one because of the colors and trying to decided which image would work well with them. My final project came out pretty good. I decided to use the sandcastle, sea shells and the title Summer. I had to through in another neural color to help balance things out so I used Colonial White as my background and then just a bit of pattern paper from Close To My Heart's Animal Cookies paper packet.



For bottom boarder I simply tore and layered the Dutch Blue, Bamboo, and Chocolate cardstock. To make the sand look more like sand I sponged on some Desert Sand Ink.

I had to add just a bit of bling to my page so I stickled the sun on the title "Summer".


Happy Scrappin'





RECIPE: CTMH Colonial White Cardstock, CTMH Bamboo Cardstock, CTMH Dutch Blue Cardstock, CTMG Chocolate Cardstock, CTMH Animal Cookies B&T Paper, CTMH Chocolate Ribbon Rounds, Xmas Red Stickles, Yellow Stickles

CRICUT CARTRIDGE: Stretch Your Imagination

2 comments:

My Creative Time said...

HOLY MOLY!! I LOVE THIS!! you did such an AWESOME Job "Sweet E"!! You made these colors look GREAT together!! THank you so much for joining MY Creative Time throwback Thursday Challenge!
Big Hugs,
Emma;)

Kate said...

Hi Elisha. It looks like we had similar ideas, but still different. I really like the way you layered your sandcastle...I might need to go back and work on mine! Oh, I'm #38. Thanks for sharing.

Kate
marrskate@comcast.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails